Democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
COOK COUNTY MATTERS
Where: LaGrange Library 10 W. Cossitt
Date/Time: Monday, April 22nd 7-8:45 p.m.
- What government body has an operating budget of $2.9 billion?
- Where does the money come from to pay for this? Property taxes?
- Which elected official of Cook County has the largest budget?
- What are some of the "hot topics" that voters should be watching for over the next year?
The answers may surprise you, but you will get the answers to these and other questions you may have if you attend "Cook County Matters" on Monday, April 22nd at 7 p.m. at the LaGrange Library.
The offices of Cook County President and all 17 County Commissioners are up election in 2014, among other positions, so now is the opportune time to learn why Cook County matters to you.
Pris Mims, from the League of Women Voters of Cook County, will present this new, 30-minute Power Point and there will be time for discussion and questions.
LWVLGA ANNUAL MEETING
Date/Time: Tuesday, May 21 6 p.m.
Where: Betty Doig's home 108 S. Sunset Ave. LaGrange
As always, bring a dish to share and join us for the annual meeting.
Please review the following info which is included in the April newsletter in order to be prepared for our annual meeting:
- Nominating Committee Report
- Revisions to the LWVLGA Bylaws proposed by the bylaws committee and reviewed by the board
- Annual Budget
2nd ANNUAL PERSONS OF IMPACT EVENT
LWVLGA 2ND ANNUAL PERSONS OF IMPACT EVENT
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 12, 5:30 p.m.
- Where: MaysLake Peabody Estate, Oak Brook, IL
We look forward to continuing this successful program again.
Please contact Mary Lou Lowrey or Laurie Sinden ASAP to volunteer to help with the planning. You don't want to miss out.
Who represents you? How can you contact your representatives? Click here to link to voter information http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/elections/voterprofile/Pages/default.aspx